This personal data protection policy (hereinafter referred to as the "Policy") aims to explain to you the actions that Sata Group, as data controller, is taking to ensure that your rights are respected. It also aims to clearly inform you of how your data is collected and used when you place an order with Sata Group.
Respect for your privacy and your fundamental rights and freedoms is extremely important to Sata Group. Sata Group will therefore not pass on your personal data to third parties for commercial purposes, nor will it disclose your personal data to third parties without your consent, other than as necessary to provide the products or services you have ordered.
1. What data are processed?
Sata Group endeavours to collect only data that is necessary for processing. Some of the information requested from you is necessary for the proper execution of orders and is expressly identified by an asterisk. If you do not answer, we will not be able to offer you our services.
The data usually collected and processed in the context of our commercial activity are the following:
- Identification data, such as your first name, last name, date of birth, if applicable photograph for the lift ticket, or your lift ticket holder number;
- Contact information, such as your postal address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- Anonymous data relating to your online behaviour and preferences when browsing our website or third party websites or your login data;
- Data resulting from your exchanges with Sata Group (emails, satisfaction surveys, chat...);
- Data specific to the use of the ski lifts operated by Sata Group (name of the ski lift used, time and day of use)
- Data obtained with your consent and/or collected in accordance with what the regulations allow or require
All of this data is usually obtained directly from you when you place your order, by telephone, by mail (postal or electronic) or via our website. The data specific to ski lift passes is only personal in a specific context, when you buy a pass by name, and for a much shorter period of time, after which the data is made anonymous.
2. For what purposes are these personal data processed?
The processing carried out by Sata Group meets an explicit, legitimate and determined purpose, which is based on the execution of the contract, compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation, considerations of physical safety of clients (ski lifts) or the legitimate interest of Sata Group for commercial prospecting.
Within the framework of the contractual relationship that binds you to Sata Group, the latter must collect certain data relating in particular to your identity. The data is used in particular to open, administer or manage your customer account, to issue you, where applicable, with a ski lift ticket, to send you questionnaires with the aim of better measuring your satisfaction with our products and services, and thus to improve your customer experience.
Provision of products and services
Sata Group collects and uses the above mentioned data in order to be able to provide you with the products and services available on the Sata Group websites.
Fraud prevention and prevention of fraud
Your data is used to detect and, if necessary, combat fraud or to investigate a particular fraud.
3. Who are the recipients of your personal data?
Sata Group may be required to provide certain data to public authorities, when requested. In this case, only the data strictly necessary for the authorities is disclosed to them.
Sata Group may communicate your personal data to its technical service providers, or to legal entities of its group*, whose intervention is absolutely necessary to achieve one of the aforementioned purposes. Sata Group ensures that these third parties process your data in such a way as to guarantee their integrity, confidentiality and security.
Sata Group undertakes not to transfer your data for purposes other than those described in §2 of this Policy. If Sata Group were to do so, it would seek your prior consent, which may in any case be revoked at any time.
4. How long will your personal data be kept?
Sata Group keeps the data relating to the management and use of the products and services ordered.
- Data relating to orders placed: 5 years from the end of the execution of the order
- Invoices: 10 years from the date of issue
- Identification data: 3 years from the last date of connection to one of the Sata Group sites
In addition, certain data may be rendered anonymous and kept for statistical analysis purposes, such as data on the use of ski lifts.
6. What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
In accordance with the modified law n°78-17 of January 6, 1978 relating to data processing, files and freedoms, and also following the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a right of access, rectification, deletion, limitation of processing, and transfer of personal data concerning you.
You may also object at any time to the use of your personal data for commercial prospecting purposes.
To exercise these rights, you must prove your identity, otherwise Sata Group will not be able to comply with your request.
You may exercise these rights or contact the personal data protection officer at the following address: EMAIL